It all started with this.....

It all started with an antique quilt given to me by my Uncle Cliff in 1985. It was made by my Great Grandmother using original fabrics spanning from the 1860's to the 1930's, in a string quilt pattern. All strings were hand pieced. All fabrics were loved. I can imagine Grandpa's shirts, or Grandma's housedress or apron. And now I'm the fortunate steward of this wonderful bit of family history........all made by hand.

Monday, January 5, 2015

I've fallen, and I can't get up.....pass me a pen and paper!

The Christmas things are put away.  The furniture is back where it belongs.  Family and friends have gone their respective ways.  The holidays are over….and the New Year has begun.  Happy 2015 to you.

Meanwhile, as we celebrated the quilting projects and sewing and mending and various other crafting and painting projects piled up around my studio.  So you ask……why I am not getting to them?  Pretty simple…..I can’t stop drawing, specifically Zentangling! 

Awhile back I posted about my obsession with Zentangles, and once I get started I am like a dog on a bone.  I see and hear nothing else.  My mind awakens first thing in the morning and I’m formulating the next drawing in my mind.  I swing my feet over the side of the bed and I move towards the paper and pen.  I’m like a zombie moving in a trance. 

Zentangle theory is supposed to produce a calm Zen-like state while you create.  I’m still not sure about that.  I do seem very focused, but it’s more of an addictive trance like state.  Maybe I should consider doing yoga at the same time.  Those of you that know my limitations will find that a very funny image…….especially considering if I’m on the floor it’s not because I want to be, it’s because I fell.  Remember the TV advertisement…….. “I’ve fallen, and I can’t get up…..pass me a pen and paper so I can draw down here!”  LOL   These Zentangles will have to do for a while!













No comments:

Post a Comment