It all started with this.....

It all started with an antique quilt given to me by my Uncle Cliff in 1985. It was made by my Great Grandmother using original fabrics spanning from the 1860's to the 1930's, in a string quilt pattern. All strings were hand pieced. All fabrics were loved. I can imagine Grandpa's shirts, or Grandma's housedress or apron. And now I'm the fortunate steward of this wonderful bit of family history........all made by hand.

Saturday, September 27, 2014

PEPPERED COTTONS progress.......

So far I’m very happy with my quilt using the new Peppered Cottons (shot cottons).  So much in fact that I had to share the progress.  The top is done, and now……drum roll please…..I’m busy doing the machine quilting. 



These closeups show the different warp and weft yarns quite nicely.  Stay tuned for the finished project……sometime mid October likely as I'll finish binding at retreat.


Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment