It all started with this.....

It all started with an antique quilt given to me by my Uncle Cliff in 1985. It was made by my Great Grandmother using original fabrics spanning from the 1860's to the 1930's, in a string quilt pattern. All strings were hand pieced. All fabrics were loved. I can imagine Grandpa's shirts, or Grandma's housedress or apron. And now I'm the fortunate steward of this wonderful bit of family history........all made by hand.

Friday, August 15, 2014

I'm in a jam!


Blackberry and Raspberry freezer jam to be specific.  Here’s a quick recipe recap:

1.      You’ll need 24 oz. fresh blackberries and 24 oz. fresh red raspberries, rinsed and drained, 4 T. Ball instant fruit pectin, 1 ½ C. sugar (I used a bit less than the pectin recipe called for this much fruit), and freezer containers.


2.    Mash the berries with an immersion blender or hand masher.


3.    Add the pectin and sugar, stir thoroughly until everything is blended and there are absolutely no lumps anywhere.  Let sit for 10 minutes, stir again.


4.    Pour into 2 C. freezer containers and pop on the lids.  Let sit on the counter for a couple hours to be sure they are beginning to set and the fruit juice thoroughly melts the sugar.  Pop into the freezer to enjoy on toast, biscuits and ice cream later.



5.     Yum!  There is nothing better than freezer jam.


No comments:

Post a Comment