It all started with this.....

It all started with an antique quilt given to me by my Uncle Cliff in 1985. It was made by my Great Grandmother using original fabrics spanning from the 1860's to the 1930's, in a string quilt pattern. All strings were hand pieced. All fabrics were loved. I can imagine Grandpa's shirts, or Grandma's housedress or apron. And now I'm the fortunate steward of this wonderful bit of family history........all made by hand.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Zentangle Frenzy......

So like you I have been busy, but my sewing machine has sat idle, quietly taking a much deserved rest after a ton of use this fall then a routine maintenance and cleaning trip. Although the sewing side of the studio has been silent, the south side has been a whirlwind…..Sakura pigma micro pens, vellum paper stock, pencils and erasers and blending nibs strewn everywhere.  I’ve been drawing, zentangling to be specific.  Like a wild cat, zeroing in on my target, spending every spare moment of time putting pen to paper.  Zentangling is thought to put you in a ‘Zen’ state of sorts. For me, it’s like I followed the Pied Piper in an addictive trance.  Everything I see I dissect the pattern thinking how can I repeat in zentangle like fashion. My feet hit the floor in the morning, I immediately have a pen in hand.  I had to watch the weather three times the other morning because I was so focused on my drawing.

Some are for Christmas gifts, but most are just because.  The gifts will be matted and framed in black.  Sizes range from 4"x4" to 8"x11".  Here’s a snippet of what the 60 plus drawings I’ve produced since the 16th……

























 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love looking at your Zentangles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you....I love love love making them! Happy new year dear friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete