It all started with this.....

It all started with an antique quilt given to me by my Uncle Cliff in 1985. It was made by my Great Grandmother using original fabrics spanning from the 1860's to the 1930's, in a string quilt pattern. All strings were hand pieced. All fabrics were loved. I can imagine Grandpa's shirts, or Grandma's housedress or apron. And now I'm the fortunate steward of this wonderful bit of family history........all made by hand.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Happy Studio

Well I’ve been offline for several weeks. But with good reason…..after all the fireworks and holiday celebrations we began a home project that included moving three rooms around.  At our age (and with my limitations) this takes a lot more time than we’d like to admit.  We had to carefully choreograph the move since the contents of each room would be shifted around, and pace ourselves so we didn’t end up in the hospital.  Luckily we had two teenagers help haul my MANY books up two flights of stairs….with no sign of stress whatsoever. 

But that was only the start.  You see, we needed to pack up the entire guest room, my old office space, and my sewing studio which occupied half of the family room and jockey them to different floors.  Now the guest room is in the lower level where my old office used to be, right next to the guest bathroom (wow, such logic!); my entire studio including all sewing and art equipment is now upstairs in the spacious area that used to be Aaron’s/guest room; and the family room, well, is just a very spacious family room again.  Everything is all spiffed up, carpets cleaned and back together and frankly, we love it.  I especially love it.  There are no remaining remnants of my old home office, which I’m glad to put behind me.  Aloha and adios Victor!  And now…..Happy (and creative) Studio! Sorry for the extra sunlight in the one shot......  Now I can get busy with the many quilting and painting projects I have swirling in my head!








No comments:

Post a Comment